A soothing soak in a hot tub is great for re-charging batteries, but warm water hydrotherapy also has proven health benefits too. With fantastic HotSpring promotional offers now on, and over 300 hot tub spas currently in stock, now’s the time to discover hot tub happiness for yourself…
Life has never been more hectic. With the average Briton spending 42 hours a week at work*, and millions caught up in a weekly commute of more than 10, or even 15 hours**, it’s not hard to see why the UK is suffering from what physicians call a ‘stress epidemic’.
Looking for ways to stop the tension taking over? Calming, ambient and restorative, it makes sense to harness the powers of hydrotherapy to reach beneficial levels of relaxation and mindfulness.
- Relaxing in a spa stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural ‘feel good’ chemical, giving you a sense of well-being and rejuvenation.
- Warm water and soothing massage relieves anxiety and relaxes tense muscles.
- The perfect place to tune out and switch off. Disconnect from the constant pressure of everyday life and create your own private sanctuary.
Hydrotherapy is an ancient form of healing that has been reported to provide numerous benefits including relief from stress and anxiety. Hydrotherapy is an affordable and convenient way to incorporate the benefits of frequent massage into your everyday life.
EXTRA SPECIAL FREE GIFT with all hot tubs delivered during May – Find out more
One way to hit refresh on your relationship is to reconnect with each other. But that’s often easier said than done in today’s fast-paced, technology saturated lives.
Taking good care of your body and mind can make a difference to how healthy you are. Exercise, relaxation and rest have a huge part to play. But experts agree, friendship and relationships are also a vital part the equation.
- Focus on each other in your own distraction-free zone. A hot tub spa creates the perfect environment to open up, catch up and grow stronger relationships.
- Pause and appreciate. Enjoy nature, and a moment of quiet reflection, together.
“Time spent together in the warm water can lead to better relationships outside the hot tub. After all, it’s important to have time alone regardless of how busy life gets — especially when you have children. Even if you’re overworked, overtired, or low on funds, it doesn’t take much time or money to reconnect. It can be as simple as a 20 minute soak in a hot tub together.”
FREE SPA BAR COOLER (worth £399) – with any HotSpring NXT or Highlife Spas
– Find out more
Whether desk bound office worker, or zealous athlete… to perform again tomorrow, your body needs to recover today.
Lactic acid and muscle tension are a powerful, debilitating combination, and it’s not just keen cyclists and joggers who suffer. Recent studies have found that the average office worker will have the same lactic acid and muscle tension in their neck and shoulders as a long distance marathon runner after a hard training run.
- Eases muscle pain, fatigue, stiffness and soreness due to repetitive muscle use, sports activities and exercising.
- Accelerates the body’s natural healing process by raising body temperature and increasing circulation and blood flow.
- Speeds the elimination of lactic acids and other toxins, which are replaced by oxygen and the body’s natural nutrients.
- Relaxes muscles and stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers.
- Ideal environment for stretching which can help stimulate the production or retention of lubricants between connective tissue fibres.
Many physicians and physical therapists recognise the value of a hot tub as an ideal environment for rehabilitation therapy, this is because time spent relaxing in warm water allows muscles to soften and lengthen, and for the toxins that build up and produce pain to leave. This in turn allows for more effective stretching and results in improved flexibility.
FREE PICNIC HAMPER (worth £120) – with any HotSpring Limelight or Hot Spot Spas – Find out more
4. Sleep revolution
A recent poll found that six in ten British adults don’t get enough sleep. In fact, according to scientists we are now in the midst of a global sleep crisis* and it needs to be tackled.
Businesswoman-turned-sleep expert Arianna Huffington, author of The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life, One Night at a Time, says that unless we take specific and deliberate steps to make it a priority in our lives, we won’t get the sleep we need*.
So here’s how; spend time in your hot tub spa before going to bed and enjoy a deeper and more peaceful sleep.
- By taking a 15-minute soak in a hot tub, 90 minutes before attempting to sleep, your body temperature is able to drop to its optimum restful temperature.
- Warm water therapy enables a better night’s sleep naturally without the grogginess sometimes caused by prescription remedies.
- A hot tub soak reduces the risk of pain disturbing sleep, by relaxing muscles and stimulating the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers.
- Hydrotherapy spa time allows you to disconnect from the day’s worries, calm the mind and quieten anxiety.
It’s time to soak yourself to sleepiness, by using warm water therapy to tackle sleep disorders like insomnia, or help to quiet an overactive mind. No need to toss and turn, watch the clock tick or panic about tomorrow’s tiredness.
FREE SPA BUTLER & 6 GLASSES (worth £115) – with any HotSpring Limelight or Hot Spot spas – Find out more
5. Arthritis pain relief
According to The Arthritis Foundation, research has shown warm water therapy works wonders for all kinds of musculoskeletal conditions, including fibromyalgia, arthritis and low back pain*.
- When immersed in water body weight is reduced by approximately 90%. This relieves pressure on joints and muscles, making it safer to perform gentle exercise and stretching.
- Warm water increases circulation; helping to move inflammatory substances away from the joints.
- Warm water also allows muscles to become relaxed, decreases swelling and stiffness and restores strength, flexibility and motion.
- Time spent relaxing in a hot tub raises the body’s temperature and causes blood vessels to dilate, resulting in increased circulation.
Various studies of patients with arthritis and fibromyalgia found that when they participated in gentle warm water exercise & stretching two or three times a week, their pain decreased as much as 40 percent and their physical function increased*.
FREE FREE-STANDING ICE BUCKET (worth £60) – with any HotSpring Freeflow spa – Find out more
Want to learn more about how a Hotspring hot tub can improve your heath & wellbeing – read hot tub hydrotherapy benefits
READ MORE –
* Data taken from Office for National Statistics – ‘Hours worked in the labour market’ – https://www.ons.gov.uk/
*Data taken from TUC Work-Life Balance Study – https://www.tuc.org.uk/workplace-issues/work-life-balance/number-commuters-spending-more-two-hours-travelling-and-work-72
*Data taken from The Arthritis Foundation article – http://www.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/pain-management/tips/warm-water-therapy.php
* Data taken from Science Advances – http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/2/5/e1501705.full
*Data taken from Red Magazine – http://www.redonline.co.uk/sleep-revolution/wise-words-from-arianna-huffington-knows-about-sleep