In the days leading up to Valentine’s, we are surrounded by images of romance: restaurants triple their prices, romantic getaways abound, and we can experience some pressure to find a perfect way of expressing our love for our partner, spouse or “significant other”.
But why go anywhere else, or have to pay over-the-top prices, when you can enjoy a perfect romantic evening in the comfort of your own home? In fact, with a hot tub in your garden, on your patio or deck, you have ready-made intimacy 365 days a year!
Whilst there’s no need to wait for a special occasion, if you do want to make this Valentine’s Day a hot tub delight, here are a few simple steps to help you create the perfect ambience for love:
- Set your mood lighting to romantic red: colours are very evocative, and the warm glow of red will make your hot tub a vibrant, intimate space
- Use spa-friendly aromatherapy scents to thrill the senses and stimulate the mind
- Weather and location permitting, artfully place a few red candles around your tub to bathe the surroundings with the flickering glow of candlelight
- If you have seating and a table close by, put red cushions on the seats and strew the table with red confetti or rose petals
- Hide a red rose (or a dozen!) somewhere close to the tub so you can offer them to your loved one at the perfect moment
- Chill a bottle of bubbly (non-alcoholic soft drinks if preferred) to accompany the bubbles in your tub. A portable spa bar fridge will ensure that chilled drinks are merely an arm’s length away
- Put on some soft, alluring music: perhaps a favourite track or a reminder of romantic times to pluck at the heartstrings
- Have thick cotton robes ready to wrap yourself your loved one in fluffy towelling
Go ahead, immerse yourselves in water and experience a Valentine’s day massage to remember…
For those of you yet to take the plunge, as it were, what better gift for a loved one than a Valentine’s Day hot tub? And there is still have time to go to your local showroom and reserve one. If you do, we might even put a red ribbon round your tub for you!